Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Payten's Preschool Graduation and Star of the Week

I know this is a little late, but better late than never! Payten had her preschool graduation back in May. It was so much fun and Matt and I loved watching her perform and sing. She did so well singing and knew all the words and all the hand motions. They sang three diffferent songs. One was about children which made me almost cry, one was happy trails to you until we meet again and the last song was a fun song, where they sing thumbs up, chin back, tongue out.....it was pretty cute and Payten still loves to sing this song. She just cracks up laughing too when she sings it. I don't know if everyone knows this but we have decided to keep Payten back a year, therefore she will go to transition class next year instead of going into kindergarden.I'm super excited because I LOVE her teacher that she will have and there are only 6-7 kids in the class so she will get a lot of one-on-one attention. So she will have preschool graduation one more time. I got a job at the preschool and Matt and I felt it would be a great priveledge for me to be able to work and have both kids with me at my job. I wasn't ready to let her go yet. So I am so excited that both kids will be in the same building with me! Matt and I talked about it and we feel like she was smart enough for sure, but needed one more year to mature just a little. Okay, anyway, her graduation this year was so cute. Enjoy the pics. Here is Brayden watching Sissy walk across the stage to get her diploma. And the pics below, Matt is trying to keep him entertained. :) This year, twice, Payten go to be Star of the Week. We got to make her a poster that her teachers put in the classroom. Payten said her favorite thing about being star of the week was that she got to be the leader. She got to stand in front of the class and lead all the songs, the ABC's and she got to be the line leader. She said she really enjoyed being star of the week!

0 comments: