Sunday, August 12, 2007

My little Sunshine!!!

She is my "little sunshine girl". She is getting so tan b/c we are at the pool at least 2-3 times per week. A little overboard, I know, but she loves the pool, and I cannot complain about that!! What girl doesn't like a tan?? She can almost swim on her own. She typically wears floaties around but for about 30 minutes I will take them off and work with her on swimming. She will jump into the pool and come all th way up and doggie paddle to the side. I have to help her a little, but overall, I am very impressed with her swimming skills. She is able to keep her head above water for about 5-10 seconds. She is learning how to keep her arms and legs kicking at the same time. I think by the end of the summer she will know how to swim. She is also mastering the diving board. She will jump into the water and come back up.... matt and i help her to the side of the pool and then she will want to do it again! Of course, it is so much fun. Matt and I went off the diving board a couple times this past Saturday. I forgot how much fun it was to act like a little kid. Payten found it pretty amusing too. She would say, again... so we would jump off the diving board again. Payten and Meme Linda had lots of fun playing in the water. The weather was ablosutely gorgeous the whole day, so we stayed and played all day long. So, little Paytie has decided that she wants to call both of our moms, Meme!!??? Okay, I guess that is okay... she will have a Meme Linda and a Meme Jan??? It's pretty cute that she thinks of them both as Meme's, but she also calls both of our Dad's, Papa. Well, that poses a problem. They are both Mike, so I guess they will both be Papa Mike!!?? :) Maybe as she gets older she will start to call them something else. I figure we will let her decide. At the Beach Club in our neighborhood you can rent canoes for free. Payten didn't know what to think about the little boat. She had a hard time sitting still and I was worried the whole time that we were going to tip over into the lake. She had a good time....They have sail boats too, so maybe after we master the canoes, Payten can learn how to sail a boat. :) Payten now loves to drink her cereal milk..... she discovered that if you wait to drink the milk until the end, it will be nice and sweet... she had just got done eating Frosted Mini Wheats. She is a cereal girl just like her Mommy!! :) sed much. I would rather stay home and rent a movie for half the price and get to relax and cuddle on the couch!! :) Plus, we both missed our little Paytie by the time we made it back home.

0 comments: