Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! We decided to got to the noon service today at our church since I have to work Easter morning. It was a good service. We took communion and the sermon was really interesting. It was about about the theives on the cross and all about what Jesus did for us. He was completly 100% without sin and took on all the sins of this world....because He knew that we were forever be indebted to our sins....therefore because of what He did we have abundant life. I am so glad I serve a risen and living savior! Thank you Jesus for the price you paid for me and my family. We love you and we want to serve you all the days our our life!

My little sugar bug is four months old today! WOW. I can't believe it and doesn't he look cute in his sweater vest?? After church I decided to take him in the backyard to get a couple pics and I was happy with the turnout. I love his smile. He has the huge, open mouth smile just like Payten did. I was hoping to get pics of Payten too, but she was already running around the house naked....have I mentioned she loves to run around naked now? The second she walks in the door from being somewhere she will take off all her clothes and run wild. Sometimes I wonder about her!!! haha
This is his serious look. He has many serious looks.....and I wonder where he gets it from?? Hmmm..... daddy!!!!!
Oh the story about her Easter dress. Man alive.....by the time we finally picked this dress out and got it on her I was about to let her wear whatever she wanted...but I wasn't giving in. She was going to where it and like it! So last week we went to Dillards to let her pick out a dress. Well of course the ones she wanted were the most expensive ones and I wasn't going to spend $60 on an Eater dress. So I picked out two choices and she despised them both. She said she didn't like the straps on one and the other one she didn't like the flower in the middle! Did I mention she is very particular? Anyway, we left the mall without a dress. So yesterday I picked her up from preschool and we went to Katy Mills Mall and the last store we went too had this dress. I loved it and so did she. It's a size 5...that's all they had, but I actually think it fits her pretty well. Okay moving on....this morning we are all getting ready. We give her a bath and she puts the dress on and is excited about it. We are almost ready to walk out the door and she comes in the bedroom with this her cherry dress. WHAT!!!! She changed!!!! This dress is completly casual....bright blue with red cherries...She moves on to tell me she has decided to where this to church today....and the battle begins! I was going to win this battle so I took off her dress and she is screaming, kicking and acting totally out of control.....I told her she is going to put her Easter dress on and like it. And as you can see I won the battle.
Payten had her school Easter party on Thurday, so Brayden and I joined her. It was a lot of fun. She loves to see us at her school and she loves to show off with all her friends. Before the party she hunted Easter eggs outside.You were only allowed to find 12 eggs and somehow she ended up with about 20 eggs, so we had to hide a few for the other kids in her class. :) She made herself an ice cream sundae with m&m's, gummie bears, oreos, chocolate syrup and whip cream. Completly healthy! She loved it and actually shared a bite with me. After eating the sundaes they broke hollow eggs over each other heads that had confetti in them. She had a blast.
Today we played outside all day. The neighborhood kids got together and had a water balloon fight. Girls vs. boys. Payten really enjoyed herself and enjoyed hanging out with the big kids. They used to leave her out when she was littlier but now they include her in most things. She is a big girl now and can carry on conversations pretty well. It is really sweet to see her have lots of friends. She is a precious girl.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy Easter to you all! We miss you all so much! Kennedi would love to play with Payten all the time. Your pics are so cute in their Easter outfits. I love the swimsuit also....too cute Paytie!

Jennifer said...

Happy Easter! Cute pics. It took me a long time to read the updates!! I hadn't checked in a week or so I guess. Cool stroller too. Paytie and Brayden's outfits are adorable!

Hannah E. said...

Where did you get Payten's bathing suit?? Maybe they have infant sizes? I'm hoping!

Angela & Brad said...

cute pics, angela! i enjoy catching up with your family (via blog) from time to time ;)

p.s. LOVE payten's swimsuit! i picked up one for kinsey at the jbf sale and it looks similar in style... is it a frankie and daisy or something???