Sunday, November 9, 2008

Recent Visit to Oklahoma

When we were in Oklahoma a couple weeks ago we celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas with our families. Memaw wanted a picture of all the great grandkids and here are some of the pics that I took. We could never get them all to smile at the same time. It was pretty entertaining trying to get their little attention spans to focus for two seconds. Then they decided they wanted to play with the candles that were sitting on the fireplace. They finally sat still when they were holding the candles. It was pretty funny!

Payten loved looking at little Brody. He was so little, so cute and so much fun to look at. She was very interested in him. I kept telling her that her little brother is going to be this small too and you have to be extra gentle. I hope she got the concept! :)
Here is Matt getting in some practice at holding a baby.....well a big baby. :) He should be a pro the second time around.....
Once again, here are the kiddos posing for the camera. Well a couple of them are at least. Little people are soooo entertaining to watch...... I think Cole is going to catch up with Payten real quick. He seems to be almost as big as she is in these pictures. She tried real hard to hold him up and be a big cousin. :)
Payten and Grandpa Mike playing around after opeing presents. She loves her Disney Princess cup and wants to use it all the time!
Here are some pictures of Payten and her cousins at the "Pregler Swing Park". (also posted on Brooke's blog) My granny just moved to some apartments for Seniors right across the street. We had gone to the park a couple times and I never saw the sign. It was funny because Brooke was talking about this park and then showed us some pictures of it. I am sure Payten will play at it all the time when she goes and visits Granny.
Halloween night we went and stayed with Chris and Jennifer in Bartlesville. We ate at Jude's and then stopped in a couple neighborhoods to let Payten trick or treat. She really got into it this year. She would go house to house, without hesitation would run to the front door all by herself, ring the doorbell and then say, "trick or treat". She was so excited about her candy and mommy was too! :) I was craving Butterfingers that night and luckily she grabbed a couple for me. I hid all her candy becuase she is a little candy monster. She loves M&M's soooo much! That is by far her favorite treat..... so all the candy is hidden in the pantry and she can have one or two pieces a day.
Payten got to ride horses with my Papa one day. She was thrilled and had a blast riding around on the pony. She wanted to feed the horses so my Papa got out the food and was going to let her feed them. She got a little scared and decided she no longer wanted to feed them. She would just watch them eat from afar. She had just watched the movie, Black Beauty, a couple days before so it was perfect that there were a couple black horses. When we walked into the horse stable she saw a black horse and yelled, "mommy, black beauty". (she was soooo excited) She also wanted to ride Black Beauty.....and got really upset when Papa Paul told her she couldn't ride him. He was not trained enough for anyone to ride.
Payten loves her "Papa Paul". She used to be extremely scared of him and one day she decided that she really liked him. I think all along it was the cowboy hat....but she wanted nothing to do with him. After he took her horse back riding for the first time a few months ago she talked about him all the time. One day we were riding in the car...when we were in Texas and she all of a sudden said, "mommy"? and I said yes.....She said, "I like Papa Paul". and then smiled. It was pretty sweet becuase she must have been thinking about him or maybe the horses??? I don't know, but it was sweet that she changed her mind about him.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

You all were able to get lots in on this trip. It looks like you all had a great time in just one week. We always wish we could spend more time with you but know you have so many people to visit. We had such a great visit with you all. Kennedi really loves playing with Paytie. The pictures that you got at Memaws were really cute of the kids. love ya'll. We love our plaque. Thanks so much

Jennifer said...

We enjoyed seeing you while you were down! Miss ya'll ! I've got to go to that park! See you soon!