Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Payten's First Day of Preschool

Payten's very first day of preschool was today. She was soooo excited and ready to go to "big girl school" as she calls it. We got her into a very good preschool, thanks to one of my friends who works there. She goes twice a week and hopefully is going to learn a lot! I will hopefully be able to update my blog a little more frequently since I will have a few hours a week of free time while she is there. I go and pick her up in one hour so I am hoping she loved her first day. Usually we drop the kids off in the commons area, but today I got to walk her back to her class room. She was holding pretty tightly to my hand, but once we got back to the class she went on in and didn't seem to care that mommy was fixing to leave. I got to stand back and watch for a minute and I saw her teacher call them all over to the alphabet rug and she went and sat down next to a little girl and listened so well to her teachers instructions. I was so proud of her. She noticed me in the corner watching and she smiled at me and blew me a kiss. It made my heart melt. I wanted to cry, but I contained my tears. Well, it is almost time to pick her up. I will update on how her first day went later. Oh and below is a video of her walking in. You will have to excuse my video skills this morning. I couldn't see the screen b/c of the sun.... I guess my camera should have been turned the other way. :)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I can't wait to hear how it went. I am sure you did really well. Was it as exciting as you thought it would be Paytie? Your dress sure did look cute

Jennifer said...

What a big girl! Nice camera angle, Ang. :) I hope she continues to love her school! Can't wait to hear about it from her!