Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Finally an update and trip to Oklahoma

We really enjoyed our trip back to Oklahoma! It went by so fast once again, but it was worth the trip. We got to spend lots of time with friends and family. Matt has his 10 year reuninion. We had lots of fun and I know Matt really enjoyed catching up with old high school friends. While Matt and I were doing reunion stuff, Paytie was having fun with Meme, Papa, Grandma Jan, Grandpa Mike, Aunt JJ, Uncle Chris and sweet little Cole. On Friday night she went to the Kiddie Park and rode the roller coaster a few times and other rides....we were told that she wanted to ride the roller coaster over and over again. She loves fast rides! Saturday my parents took her to ride horses and Hailey came to spend the night. They are such buddies. Hailey playes with her so well and is always so patient with her. I wish they could play more together. Payten loves her cousin Hailey! Sunday morning Mom made us a really good breakfast and we got to visit with my family. We had a really good, relaxing morning. Sunday evening we hung out with Matt's family and went to Charleston's. After dinner the entire gang hung out and all the kiddos played together. Well Cole slept, but the girls played. Payten had a little problem sharing toys with Kennedi! We are working on the sharing thing right now. Payten likes to hog all the toys. :) Kennedi and Payten played chase around the house. It was so cute to see them laughing and having a good time together. She loves her cousin Kennedi. We are so blessed to have such wonderful families!!! Here is a picture of Matt and I before the reunion on Sat. night. We had so much fun visiting with all of Matt's friends. There were about 6 other pregnant women there so I didn't feel so out of place with other mommies walking around! :)

Here is Matt holding Cole. Matt was getting some practice in and I'm sure he is ready to hold his own son!!! I know we are so excited to have him join our family. Only 4 more months!
Payten had her second dentist appt. She loved going to the dentist the first time, but this time she wasn't so sure about the whole thing. She sucks her thumb when she is tired and we always tell her that the dentist is going to be upset with her when he finds out she is sucking her thumb....well she was scared of him I think. He asked her if she sucked her thumb and she looked up at me and got tears in her eyes. She has only sucked her thumb a couple times since then. It was cute, but also a little sad to see her tear up!!!! :) On a good note, the dentist said she has really good teeth!!!

1 comments:

Brooke said...

I tag you...See my blog.