WOW!!! With two kiddos it is really hard to find time to update the blog....but after a week I am finally getting around to it. It has been a little CRAZY around here.....but a wonderful crazy. After having a few set backs (breastfeeding issues and Matt being sick) everything is going wonderfully. Brayden is such a great baby. I call him my "sweet boy" because that is exactly what he is. He is so calm all the time unless he is hungry. When he is hungry he doesn't like to wait! :) Payten is finally acting her normal self again. She was a little jealous of not having mommy to herself but since things are calming down I can find time for the both of them. Now if Matt and I can find time for us??? The past couple days have been really relaxing. We didn't leave the house one time except for going to Wal-Mart a few minutes ago. We woke up both mornings, ate breakfast and then headed upstairs to watch movies and take naps. We watched Elf, which is really funny...and then today we started Kicking and Screaming.... another Will Ferrell movie. He is a funny man!! Matt and I are starting to realize that with two it is soooo much easier to stay home. I know for me during the week that is what I plan to do. Stay home and enjoy my family. I want to simplify my life as much as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will still have to make my Chick-Fil-A run with Amanda and Camden though. :)
Sunday, December 21, 2008
A little CRAZY around here
Posted by Angela at 8:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Brayden is SOOOOO cute. Two is just a totally different dynamic that eventually works itself into 'normal' so hang in there! You'll figure out what you can and can't do. And it'll get easier when it's not so cold outside too. Payten looks like she is a big help!
Oh, and the time for you and matt? Good luck with that for the first year. Family and friends is what saved us!
Glad to see y'all are doing well! I remember soooo not wanting to be the mom that stayed in all the time. I didn't want two to slow me down. But then I had two. And it's funny how my desire changed...I don't feel STUCK at home. I WANT to be at home more! Not all the time. But WAY more than I used to.
But it is good to get out and breathe when you can. Monthly girl's night out dinners help. Get your girlfriends together for that. And just do your best to make time for date nights when you have help with childcare. It will be hard for a while to find time for it, like Courtney said, but you can do it little by little! It won't be long until it gets a whole lot easier to find the time. Whenever you get ready for it, you can trade off baby-sitting/date nights with a couple you're friends with. And what's funny now is that if Jonah is taken care of but we have to bring Parker with us somewhere, it feels like we're totally alone! I mean, she doesn't interrupt us like he does or talk nonstop. It actually feels like a real date! It's not so bad with just one baby! So, during this time when he's little, nursing, and can't be gone from you for very long, my best idea is for you and Matt to meet up for lunch dates periodically when Payten is at her school. It will really almost feel like a real date when you don't have a 3 year old with you!
Cute Cute Cute~ It is fun to see your growing family. I bet you are absolutely tired, but your a great Mom so I am sure you will get the hang of it. It made me laugh reading this blog because it made me think of Payten when she was a baby. I enjoyed getting to be around when she was so little.
Merry Christmas,
chandra
What a beautiful family! Congratulations on the new addition. I am a little nervous about learning how to deal with having two, but like you said I know that it will be so worth it.
I am sooooooooo excited to come down and see you all!!! He is sooooo cute and adorable!!! Some pics he looks like you, and others he looks just like Matt! Payten looks so proud of him in those pics! What an awesome big sister! Merry Christmas! We will miss you being up here. I am going to jump up and down with excitement when we pull in your driveway and I get to see the little guy! I am sooo anxious!
Post a Comment